Saturday, January 21, 2012

Paperbacks

Photo by Fotuna



Reading. Like it...at times, but not one of my greatest strengths. I definitely wouldn't call myself a good reader. Proof of this fact is my academic reading test scores. Not good! This is probably because I had to read one sentence three times to finally focus in and comprehend what it says. You can say that I ran out of time on those timed reading comprehension tests.

Regardless of the fact that reading isn't my greatest skill, I really enjoy reading good literature, fiction, nonfiction, self-help, anything that keeps me hooked and makes me feel smarter afterwards:). I'm really not a dummy...just stating that book-smarts isn't something in my blood.

Either way, I love the creativity, beauty, and art of reading a well written, captivating, krinkled and "smells-so-good," paperback book.

Here is my Book Hitlist :

Finding Your North Star by Martha Beck
I'm Second by Doug Bender and Dave Sterrett
This is Your Brain on Music by Daniel J. Levitin
The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski
Fall on Your Knees by Anne-Marie MacDonald
Prozac Nation by Elizabeth Wurtzel

Some of these books I have started already and others I am waiting to dive into. Once I complete one of the selections on my hitlist, I'll send my thoughts your way.

Until then, let me know what books you're reading and what you love/hate about each one.

Have fun reading. Chow!

No comments:

Post a Comment